We are in full princess mode in my house. Cinderella, Sleeping Beauty, Snow White, and of course, Elsa and Anna. All day, everyday.
So when we walked through the doors to Fairy Tale Village at Crown Center, my four-year-old daughter smiled like a princess that had finally found her castle. For the next 90 minutes, my daughter and her older brother (the prince or Big Bad Wolf depending on his mood) ran through a castle, over a drawbridge, through the enchanted forest and took a magical carriage ride home.
Later they found the end of Rapunzel’s hair, cooked in Little Red Hen’s kitchen, named all the Seven Dwarfs, weighed the golden eggs, and found Little Red Riding Hood hiding from the wolf.
Everyone’s favorite ice queen and a snowman that loves warm hugs are also in the village, of course!
This free exhibit on Level 1 of Crown Center Shops brings classic fairy tales to life. Some of your favorite scenes from Cinderella, Sleeping Beauty, Jack and the Beanstalk, The Three Little Pigs, Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs, Princess and the Pea and more are featured. And if you’re not familiar with all the stories, a large table featuring the books the exhibit is based on is available for you to read together.
You can use your imagination to make these books come alive on Level 1 of Crown Center through May 3.
KCMC Mom Tips
- Hours. The exhibit has been very popular (because it’s awesome!). Check it out Monday – Friday, 10am to 6pm; Saturday, 10am – 7pm; Sunday, 11am to 6pm. Closed Easter Sunday through May 3.
- Restrooms. Two family restrooms are located right outside the exhibit’s entrance.
- Parking. Crown Center offers three hours of free parking for all guests with a validation slip from any Crown Center shop or restaurant. Get another three hours free, six hours in total, when you spend $25 or more at any shop or restaurant. Just take your receipts to Crown Center Customer Service for the validation slip. Or after 6:30 p.m. on Friday, it is FREE all weekend long!
- Have babies in a stroller? Make sure to park on levels 2a and 3a for a stair-free entrance.
- Hungry? Grab a snack or dine at one of the many family-friendly restaurants and shops including some new options!
- Visit before March 8 and get in one last skate and the Crown Center Ice Terrace!